With March in Chicago, I never know whether to call it winter or spring! Today could be freezing and tomorrow could be sunny with birds twittering from the trees. It’s hard to know how to plan a day, much less an outfit! Thankfully, I’ve got it covered with this look.
If you’ve read this post about wearing a dress as a skirt, then you’ve already seen this sweater. I can’t resist wearing it because it’s as cozy as can be, plus it goes with 99% of my closet. (In fact, I’m planning an outfit right now that includes it, so be on the lookout.) Toasty, neutral, and not too bulky—it’s exactly right for this time of the year. On warmer days, it’s nice on its own, but it also pairs well with a moto jacket, trench, or (don’t make me say it) a wool coat when it’s chilly.
I love wearing it with a trusty pair of jeans, but I feel like spring is a good time to bring some more color into the mix! My current favorites are these olive ones, but any color jeans would work just as well in this formula. Coral, raspberry, white—give any of them a shot!
Finally, I pretty much don’t leave the apartment in anything but loafers these days. They look great with everything, plus they toe that line between casual and classy. I love these nude ones because they have a pointed toe, which is basically a two-for-one deal for us short girls! Always remember that matching your skin tone and going for pointed (vs. round) toe shoes will make your legs so so so long.
Now for the fun part! I’ve linked my outfit above, but I also wanted to share some awesome picks for sweaters, colored jeans, and loafers for under $100. All of these guys are on my own wishlist, so you might be seeing some of them soon. Let me know what your favorites are in the comments!
EDIT: This post made Independent Fashion Bloggers' Links a la Mode! Check out the rest of the week's top posts:
Links à la Mode, March 15th, 2018
- Aesthetic Distance: The Killing Of The Creative Class: Was I Wrong About The Gig Economy?
- A Girl in LA: My Trip Abroad: Exploring London, Paris and Copenhagen
- A Housewife in Heels: Floral Maxi
- Chicago Petite Blog: The Perfect Early Spring Outfit + My Favorite Finds Under $100
- Elle is for She: Elle’s Look : One in a Million
- Fashion to Live: Gasparilla Festival of the Arts & Brunch
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: Ruffles in Spring
- Girl in Betsey: 4 Ways to Keep Your Dog Active in the Winter
- Gutterfashion: Thrifted: Let's Never Give Up
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: Machu Picchu Fun Facts + Photo Gallery
- Jeff on the Road: Lookbook: Chicago On The Go
- Lady Goodman: Miista SS18|En Pleno Aire
- Looks by MC: Spring Forward 2018 || Create Your Life
- Love Bella Vida: Style Tips On-The-Go
- Mahryska: Field of Dreams
- Mode and Methodology: Dealing with the Weird Weather
- Online Personal Stylist: Perfecting the Modern Day Holly Golightly Inspired Look
- Petite Dressing: How to Wear Maxi Dresses if You are Petite
- Sifa's Corner: Loving Currently: Sweetie Silver Charm Bracelet from Links of London
- Tales of Two Blog: Guide: Fail-Proof Shopping from Asian E-Retailers
- The Borrowed Babes: Women Empowering Women with Rethreaded – Women's History Month 2018