It's been a while since I've put together a capsule wardrobe, but with the promise of spring right around the corner, I've been thinking about freshening up my closet nonstop! I'm getting tired of my chunky sweaters and crusty old snow boots—I just want to wear something flowy again. Is that so much to ask?
Now, this capsule wardrobe might be a little different from traditional ones. While I made sure everything on here could be mixed and matched, it's by no means comprehensive. Instead, I did something really cool to choose the items I included (and by really cool, I mean really nerdy BUT you're probably a style nerd like me so you might think it's cool too).
This is how I handpicked everything: I tallied up every single item of clothing that's on my spring Pinterest board. That's right, I wrote down how many times I saw a pair of nude sandals or a midi dress. It sounds tedious, but it was actually pretty fun! Once I totaled everything up, I made this capsule wardrobe using the 9 most popular items of clothing.
Everything on my clickable capsule wardrobe is in order of how popular it was on my Pinterest board! That means white tops were #1, while trench coats were (surprisingly) #9.
I had a lot of fun creating a wardrobe this way. It's a little different from the typical ones, but I like it because it reflects both my style and the trends I've noticed for the season. Let me know what you think!
EDIT: This post made Independent Fashion Bloggers' Links a la Mode! Check out the rest of this week's top posts:
Links à la Mode, March 8th, 2018
- Adorned in Armor: The Most Beautiful Places in Haiti [Travel Vlog]
- April Was Here: Mommy and Me: Denim on Denim
- Cammeo Head to Toe: Belief in the Simple Things
- Chicago Petite Blog: Spring Capsule Wardrobe
- Couture Crush: Couture Crushin: Sweater Dresses
- Eboni Curls: Tranquil
- Fashion to Live: Smocked Plaid Dress + Flats
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: One Shoulder Style
- Girl in Betsey: How to Make the Most of Your Morning Commute
- Green Acres Meets Paris: Dress Form Outfit: Olive Green & Black
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: How I Spent 1 Day in Lima With No Regrets
- LunaVida Blog: It's No Sweat[shirt] Off My Back | Crewneck + Ripped Jeans + Ankle Boots
- Online Personal Stylist: Behind the Scenes at London Fashion Week Festival: Fashion Photography, Trends and Styling Chats
- Posh and Spicy: Trendy Spring Handbags for Under $50
- Tales of Two Blog: Neuschwanstein Castle Day Trip from Munich – Is It Worth It?
- The Glamour Pursuit: Mixing Function with Fashion | Athleisure
- The House Blend: Lilac Love
- What Vru Wore: Fantastic Faux Fur