I've got three years of style blogging under my belt, but I'm always looking out for ways to make my outfits look better. Last year, I did a huge closet purge and completely revamped my wardrobe. This year, as I focus more on petite-specific style, I'm learning how to dress myself in ways that make me feel confident and more grown-up.
The trick I'm about to share is one that I only recently discovered. For the longest time, I wondered why some of my outfits just looked "wrong." It's embarrassing to admit, but I spent so much time trying to figure it out, and I came up with nothing.
Then I learned about this trick, and I use it all the time. Really, I do. My outfits feel so much more polished now, and I look taller! And it's so simple:
MATCH YOUR SHOES WITH YOUR PANTS, TIGHTS, OR LEGS
It's that simple. The key here is to have an uninterrupted line going from your waist to your feet. You don't have to get fanatical about it, of course—you don't always have to wear black shoes with black tights or blue shoes with blue jeans, but the idea is to keep the colors in a similar shade.
When the weather gets warmer and you want to show off your leggies, a pair of nude sandals or heels should be your new go-to! Try to match your skin tone as closely as possible to make it look like one long column of color.
Want proof? Here's some of my inspiration!
Which outfits do you like the most? And feel free to share any of your style tips below!
Edit: This post made Independent Fashion Bloggers' Links a la Mode roundup! Check out the rest of the best posts from this week:
Links à la Mode, February 8th, 2018
- Aesthetic Distance: Moviepass Is A Must-Have For All Movie Lovers
- A Girl in LA: My Night Out Essentials
- A Housewife in Heels: Matching My Mini
- April Was Here: Mommy and Me Valentine's Day Casual Outfit + Valentine's Day Date Ideas with Your Kids
- Britt + Whit: 2018 Reflection & Goals
- Cammeo Head to Toe: My Week in Style: Favorite Floral Dresses for Valentine's Day
- Chicago Petite Blog: The One Trick Petite Bloggers Swear By to Look Taller
- Dangerously Me: #OOTD: Why Do I Blog?
- Eboni Curls: The Northern Curls
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: Valentine's Day Outfit Ideas
- Fashion to Live: Under the Stars in Tampa Heights
- Gabriella Lundgren: Tobi – A Classic Top with a Detail
- Gutterfashion: Thrifted: All About Capsule Wardrobes
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: A Subtle Valentine’s Day Look
- I'm a Norbyah: Upcycling Clothing: Make Your Clothes Work For You
- LunaVida Blog: Casual To The Core | Cardigan + Tank + Ripped Jeans + Converse
- Online Personal Stylist: How to Wear Black & White
- Purushu Arie: Diversity Report: Representation of Indian Women on Fashion Magazine Covers
- Rosa Diana: Ruffle Slit Pink Sweatshirt
- Tales of Two Blog: 5 Days in Munich with Day Trips
- The Glamour Pursuit: Lady in Red | Faux Fur Coat & Felt Beret