You probably won't believe it, but back when I was a teenager, I was totally into the goth look. Chains and zippers adorned every inch of my midnight-black clothing, and I would glide through the halls of my high school feeling like a total badass.
It might seem silly now, but I was actually onto something back then. Wearing a single color in your outfit actually makes you look taller! It's no wonder I felt confident—all those black-on-black looks from high school were visually adding inches to my height.
Now that I've moved on from that era, I'm ready to embrace monochromatic looks again. This time, though, they don't have to be just black. Here are four of my favorite single-color outfits:
I love this look as an office friendly way to incorporate this theme. The crisp button down + sweater combo always looks polished, especially with those amazing pumps. I also love the mix of textures, from denim to a chunky knit to a striped cotton blouse, which keeps the outfit interesting.
This is the ultimate spring brunch outfit. It looks comfy as heck (that crewneck sweater!), but the pointed toe flats and white jeans make it look like you put in just a little extra effort. I love the idea of just swapping out the top with other light blouses to suit the season.
Of course I had to include one all-black outfit here! I love this one because it looks like a shirt and pants combo, when it's really a jumpsuit. Talk about easy! Jumpsuits and maxi dresses are a great way to work the monochromatic look without the stress of finding two pieces that match in color.
If this outfit isn't a dream! It's really the perfect way to bring the monochromatic look into something that works for special occasions. The shades of pink are just slightly different to give a little interest, but they're similar enough to make the effect work.
Which one is your favorite?
Edit: This post made Independent Fashion Bloggers' Links a la Mode! Check out the rest of the top posts from this week below:
Links à la Mode, February 22nd, 2018
- A Girl in LA: Skin Deep: The 3 Types of Facial Serums You Need in Your Life
- Adorned in Armor: The Other Side of Faith || Make a Move
- Aesthetic Distance: Six Reasons To Check Out The New Bowlero In Timonium
- April Was Here: Did You Know How Hair Gets Damaged?
- Chicago Petite Blog: 4 Monochromatic Looks Guaranteed to Make You Look Taller
- Eboni Curls: #WAKANDAFOREVER
- Fashion to Live: Belated Valentine's Day Look: Date Night
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: Airy Floral Prints – A Spring Trend
- Girl in Betsey: The Outerwear That Will Make Any Outfit Look Good
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: Accidentally Sleeveless
- L'ambassadrice: From Romanticized Depression to Unrealistic Expectations: How Social Media Has Been Ruining Mental Health
- Luna Vida: Spring Has (Almost) Sprung | Jean Jacket + Lace-Up Dress + Riding Boots
- Online Personal Stylist: What to Pack for a Winter City Break
- Petite Dressing: Styling Tips for Petite Jumpsuit
- Sifa's Corner: How I Style My Wavy-Curly Hair
- Tales of Two Blog: Loving Fashion Doesn't Make You Dumb
- The Hare and Style Blog: How To Integrate Pantone;s Color of the Year into Your Outfits
- The Glamour Pursuit: Pink Velvet