This morning, when I opened up my bureau drawers to scrounge up an outfit, I realized that while my sweater collection is fairly large, it's seriously lacking in the fun department. Gray, cream, and gray again—that's about all I've got in there. Since I'm planning on only wearing sweaters from now until May (yes, spring in Chicago doesn't start until then), I figured I should start investing in some new duds. Here are my top picks for petite-friendly sweaters:
You don't see many petites wearing long cardigans, and that's a darn shame. They look so sophisticated, yet they keep you toasty! When it hits above the knees, you can avoid that "kid wearing mom's bathrobe" look. I'd also recommend wearing something high-waisted so you can tuck in your shirt and make your legs look like they go on forever.
Ann Taylor, $98 (currently on sale for 40% off)
Sweaters aren't always what I could describe as sexy, but this one totally is. The open back and knotted detail are just gorgeous. Need a little extra coverage? A lacy bralette would look amazing peeking out.
If this sweater could talk, it would be saying, "LOOK AT ME!!!" and that's exactly what I love about it. Stand out from a sea of grays with a colorful sweater like this one. I'm also a fan of its subtle bell sleeves.
What are the buttons for? No idea, but that doesn't stop this sweater from being as cute as—wait for it—a button. (Sorry, I couldn't resist!) This is one of those sweaters that does double duty as a work-friendly piece with a little extra personality that you can take into the weekend.
Ann Taylor, $79.50
French Knot Cardigan
Ah, cardigans. That one piece of clothing everyone keeps stuffed in a desk drawer for when it gets chilly. This one is a huge exception. This is the kind of cardigan you plan whole outfits around. How can you keep all those colorful French knots hidden away?
So what do you guys think? Which one is your favorite?
Edit: This post made Independent Fashion Bloggers' Links a la Mode! Check out the rest of the top posts from this week:
Links à la Mode, January 18th, 2018
- Adorned in Armor: Handling Insults with Class
- Aesthetic Distance: The Boss Is Back (Not Me, I'm Talking About Tyra Banks)
- Cammeo Head to Toe: My Week in Style: Everything's Colder in Texas
- Chicago Petite Blog: 5 Petite Sweaters to Keep You Cozy All Winter
- Dangerously Me: How Petites Can Wear Big Ruffle Sleeves
- Eboni Curls: Honey
- Elle is for She: Elle’s Look: Camel Blazer
- Fashion Fairies: Co-Ords: My Current Favorite
- Fashion to Live: Wide Boatneck Sweater + Vintage Skirt + Stuart Weitzman
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: How Petites Can Wear Big Ruffle Sleeves
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: Playing with Prints
- I'm a Norbyah: New Year, New Ideas
- Jeff on the Road: Playful Winter Lookbook with a European Flair
- Just Gigi: Pink & Chic Valentine's Day Outfit
- Kenguri Styles: Polka Dots
- Knowing My Style: Ringing in the New Year with Dainty Jewells
- Sifa's Corner: Quick 5 Minute Makeup with Neutrogena
- Smile Is It: My Simple Winter Makeup Routine
- Tales of Two: Bondi to Cogee Walk – Quintessential Sydney
- The Outfit Repeater: Can These 6 Apps Really Plan Outfits Better Than Me?